Monday, April 19, 2010

Lavender Daze

Yes, another cutesy name for my latest purple collage. This time it’s Lavender Daze because of the lovely shade of flowers and also because I am starting to feel like I am in a daze.


This spring has been exceptionally busy for me, and I feel like I can’t keep up with everything I have to get done. This weekly collage creation was initially intended to be an enjoyable way to spend a little time with my creative side, but has instead turned into one more thing to check off of my never ending to-do list, hence the daze part of the title.

I am hoping this soothing lavender collage will serve as a reminder to slow down a bit. While creating it, I was drawn to this image of purple flowers overlooking the ocean. It seemed like such a peaceful and relaxing setting – just what I need in my own life now!

No comments: