Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beach Glass Pendants

Oh, creating how I have missed you! Work, travel and other projects this spring have left me with little time to create art. That is why I intentionally set aside a mere 2 hours and signed up for a local beach glass wire-wrapped pendant workshop.

Below are the pendants I created in the workshop.

The first one I glued a small piece of found pottery on top of blue beach glass. I wire wrapped the entire pendant then crimped the wires in the front to make waves before twisting the wire at the top to create the bale.

The second one was a little trickier. It involved creating a springy coil from the wire then wrapping it around a piece of beach glass. I liked the shape of the beach glass, but it took lots of patience to get the coiled wire to stay wrapped around it. I finished it by wrapping more wire in a diagonal pattern and adding a little spiral to front.

2 comments:

katie said...

would love to buy a pendant -- have you ever sold them? thanks

MELANIE said...

Thx Katie,

I had a couple on etsy. Feel free to send me an email at doseofcreativity {at} hotmail.com and we can discuss what I have left or if there is a custom piece I can create for you!

Melanie